As businesses and other organisations seek to increase resilience in their IT they are looking for higher availability, total security and the ability to scale faster.In the past, when business units requested new applications or services, IT organizations would first ask themselves, “How can we build it?” Now, the question is “Where can we safely host it”. This is where colocation comes in.
Eliminate the cost of infrastructure upgrades to support increasing power and cooling demands.
INCREASE RESILIENCE AGAINST EVER INCREASING POWER USAGE
Applications now require 3 to 4 times more power than a standard home and this is only set to rise.
CATER FOR A FLEXIBLE
AND REMOTE WORKFORCE
As we grow to 20 data centres in the UK, we will be within 15 miles of 95% of the population, providing a far improved UX
Re-purpose onsite IT space for office use or rental savings
SCALE OR CONTRACT
Adapt your rack space requirements as the business demands
WITH HYBRID CLOUD SERVICES
Collocate the private cloud element of key services with heightened security, power and cooling resiliency
Want to find out more?
At Proximity we believe that colocation is a 24/7/365 service demanding the highest level of performance and security. Security in delivering power and cooling as well as the physical security surrounding each of our data centres.
Online businesses can lose $000,000’s per hour if their IT systems go down and the reputational damage can even more damaging.
Whilst we have customers who are both large and small, we know that their data is equally important to them which is why we strive so hard to protect it.
1000s of customers
across the UK including large global brands
134K+ Sq ft
of space across 6 centres
Performance and Service:
- Our edge colocation data centres are all tier 3 standard giving you peace of mind that your IT infrastructure will be supported 100% of the time.
- Onsite engineers offering remote hands services
- 100% uptime service
- ISO9001, 14001,27001
- Edge Colocation data centres are also connectivity hubs and Proximity has plenty of choice of service providers with fibre, including dark, available
- 24/7 Security with perimeter fencing and other protection measures
- Each site has VESDA to provide heightened fire protection
- Data centres fully owned and managed by Proximity Datacentres
- Full perimeter fencing protecting the data centre.
- Multilayer access control
- CCTV, VESDA and IG55 fire suppression for complete peace of mind
- Whether you need a ¼ rack to a bespoke private cage, Proximity Data centres can support you with the best data centres services in the UK market.
- 20 locations all within 15 miles of 95% the UK population.
- 1 SLA, 1 Contract, 1 Access process for 95% of the UK.
- Migrate up from ¼ rack to a full suite or from 1 data centre to 20 depending on your business requirements.
- With 75% of data forecast to be hosted at the edge by 2025, and Proximity delivering 95% coverage of the UK population by the end of 2021, you ensure your business is IoT and 5G ready
- Full suite of connectivity services from 100Mb to 100Gb from our suppliers. Full resilient services including firewalls available
Want to find out more?
KICK OFF CALL
To pinpoint your key requirements and refine which services best suit your needs
Our partners can audit your existing setup and take back ups of all stored data
If required, any existing equipment will be disassembled and put in secure boxes for transportation
Installation of existing or new equipment at Proximity site
Want to find out more?
Our Edge Data Centres
Across all centres, we provide the following:
|Monitored Security Cameras|
|Security Access entry|
|Diverse fibre entry points|
|Concurrently maintainable infrastructure|
|Client Access 7x24x365|
|Storage for deliveries|
|Client Wi-Fi and amenities|
Explore our network of data centres
Colocation Common Questions
- No need for separate contracts or SLAs between multiple different data centres
- Huge reduction in on-premise footprint and increased resilience against upgrades due to power usage
- Access for your IT team to easily visit a centre near them
- It’s not an either or but rather about a healthy mix between the two. A hybrid approach is very common where you have a mix of public cloud and private cloud with the latter being stored within a data centre. For example, more sensitive information you may prefer to store on a private cloud for added security
- Yes – you will save money both on your office footprint in addition to ongoing operational and capital costs. For example, a data centre for 300 racks of IT would cost in the region of £5mill for setup alone – not to mention ongoing operational costs. Renting space brings this cost down to £1000s.
- In addition to direct savings, this also provides full peace of mind knowing it’s being monitored 24/7 in a secure environment